Penaung persatuan ketika itu ialah Allahyarham Tan Sri Megat Junid bin Megat Ayob, bekas Menteri Perdagangan Dalam Negeri dan Hal Ehwal Pengguna. Penasihatnya pula ialah Ketua Pengarah Agensi Dadah Kebangsaan.
Pada masa ini, Dato’ Saifuddin Abdullah (Timbalan Menteri Pengajian Tinggi) adalah Penaung Persatuan PENGASIH Malaysia.
Turut terangkum di dalam wawasan PENGASIH ialah pewujudan sebuah kompleks PENGASIH yang serba lengkap di suatu kawasan yang luas dan terancang.
Bagi mencapai wawasan itu, PENGASIH bekerjasama dengan agensi dan badan-badan lain sama ada tempatan atau antarabangsa kerana PENGASIH percaya bahawa sebuah organisasi yang dinamis dan berjaya semestinya sentiasa bersedia untuk bekerjasama dan bergerak seiringan dengan pihak-pihak lain.
Meet Our Founder and President
Welcome to PENGASIH
PENGASIH Malaysia is a Non-Profit Organization initiated by former users in 1987. We grew gradually and created several programs for our community in Malaysia. In 1993, we adopted the Therapeutic Approach in our programs.
We are the only Rehab Centre wholly operated by former drug users. Currently, we are providing treatment services for those suffering from substance abuse such as drugs, chemicals and alcohol.
Over 3,500 clients have benefitted from our program.
We grow through knowledge building, hard work as well as through moral support from the government, special interest groups and private citizens. PENGASIH is an active member of World Federation of Therapeutic Communities as well as the Asian Federation of Therapeutic Communities.
In training and development, we have worked with various organizations from USA, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, Maldives, Sri Lanka, South Africa, South Korea, Singapore, Phillipines and Pakistan. PENGASIH TC approach have been adopted by associates in Indonesia and Maldives. We have hosted more than 100 international TC trainees, men and women.
We have extended our training services to organizations in Pakistan, Maldives, Brunei and Indonesia. To know more about our other services, please visit Our Services page.
By sharing knowledge, we will learn much from each other. The benefit we seek is, to live a better life – free from drugs. Together, we will make a difference in our future, from what we are today.
Thank you again for visiting our web site.
Please come again as this channel will grow by the day with useful information. The internet has helped all of us to communicate easier and better with each other. Helping everyone of us share and learn from one another.
We welcome all enquiries and proposals to work together in the same mission.
Datuk Yunus Pathi
- President & Founder of PENGASIH Malaysia.
- 2nd Vice President, World Federation Of Therapeutic Communities, New York
- 1st Vice President, Asian Federation of Therapeutic Community, Philliphines
- Board of Adviser, Substance Abuse Diploma Programme, Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Member Advisory Council of Malaysia Counselor, Ministry of Women, Family & Community Development of Malaysia
- Council Member of PEMADAM Malaysia Anti-Drug Council
- Chairman of KLASSIH Co-Operative Berhad
- Diploma Substance Abuse Counselling, Daytop Inc, New York – 1994
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor, WFTC, New York – 1997
- Executive Committee Member, PEMADAM ( The National NGO Anti Drug Abuse Movement ), since 1996
- The President of PENGASIH Malaysia, since 1995
- 2nd Vice President, World Federation of Therapeutic Communities, New York, since 2000
- The National Award for Outstanding Personality 2009 in conjunction with Maulidur Rasul 2009 given away by His Royal Highness Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin, the current Sultan of Malaysia. This award was given to 5 recipients based on innovative efforts in doing challenging task in a high risk environment for the betterment of community and nation.
- National Outstanding Community Services Award 1994, given away by His Highness Sultan Azlan Shah, the then Sultan of Malaysia.
- TV Programme Personality: The Nationalist (RTM – 2004)
- TV Programme Personality: The Potrait of Success (TV3 – 2003)
- TV Programme Personality: Malaysian Aspirations and Achievements (TV2 – 2003)
- Vice President, Asian Federation of Therapeutic Communities, sejak 2002
- Recipient of Dr.Siti Hasmah Award, Outstanding NGO Contributions Towards HIV/AIDS Work, 2000
- 20 years experience in the field of treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of substance abuse in Malaysia
- 15 years exeperience in the field of HIV/Aids on education, rehabilitation and prevention programme in Malaysia
- Project Manager for International Narcotics & Law Enforcement Agency’s training project in Pakistan, i.e. ‘Workshop on Intervention, Prevention, Treatment & Rehabilitian for Pakistan Cummunities’ in Islamabad, Lahore & Karachi (21st March – 15th May 2005)
- Trainer & Coordinator for Colombo Plan & UNODC training project, i.e. ‘ Afghanistan Ex-Addict Support Group Network Workshop, Kabul, 2003
- Trainer & Coordinator for Colombo Plan’s training project, ‘ Pakistan Ex-Addict Support Group Network Workshop, Peshawar, 2003
- Consultant, Co-operation on TC Programme, Iran Ministry of Welfare, Teheran, 2002
- Consultant, Maldives Narcotic Control Board on TC Programme, 2002
- Consultant, Yayasan Insan PENGASIH Indonesia, Jakarta, Bandung, Medan, Surabaya , 1999 – 2003
- Presenter, XXIV World Federation of Therapeutic Communities Conference, Lima, Peru, 6 – 10 February 2009
- Presenter, 7th Asian Federation of Therapeutic Community Conference, Bangkok 10-12 November 2008
- Participant, Beyond 2008 NGO Forum On Ungass, Vienna, Austria, 6 – 9 July 2008
- Resource Person, The International TC Grant Consultation/Workshop/ Training, Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea Hotel, New York, 2 – 6 April 2007
- Presenter, 16th IFNGO Asean NGOs Workshop, Siam City Hotel, Bangkok , 26 – 30 November 2006
- Presenter, 23rd World Federation of Therapeutic Communities Conference, New York, 1 -5 September 2006
- Presenter & Resource Person , Relapse Prevention Workshop , (Brunei Narcotics Control Board), Asean EC Management Centre, Gadong, Brunei Darussalam, 24 – 26 April 2006
- Presenter, ` International Conference on Faithbased Organisation / Islamic Scholars on Drug Demand Reduction, Colombo Plan Drug Advisory Programme, Jakarta, Indonesia , 27 February – 1 March 2006
- Resource Person, ‘ Workshop Improving Ex-Addict Staff For Rehabilitation Centre’, TUCAR, Bangkok, Thailand. 23 – 24 February 2006
- Resource Person,’ Self Empowerment Training On Life Skills and Principles, Brunei Aids Council, Bandar Seri Begawan, 2 – 5 December 2005
- Resource Person, Workshop on The Understanding of TC Approach in Treatment and Rehabilitation, Indonesia Narcotics Board, Jakarta 21 – 23 November 2005
- Resource Person, Traning on Outreach/Drop-In Centre, Colombo Plan Drug Advisory Programme, Manila, 5 – 8 September 2005
- Presenter, 6th AFTC Conference, Colombo, Sri Lanka, 28 May – 4 June 2005
- Testimony ‘ Harm Reduction or Harm Maintenance : Is There Such Thing as Safe Drug Abuse’ conducted by the Government Reform Subcommittee on Criminal Justice, Drug Policy and Human Resource, House Representative, Congress of The United States, Washington DC , 16th February 2005
- Presenter International Conference ‘ Asian Cities Against Drug’ , Melaka, Malaysia, 3-7 October 2004
- Presenter, Resource Person , Asian Recovery Symposium, 1-3 September 2004, Pattaya, Thailand
- Presenter, TUCAR Conference On Strategies How To Bring Patient Back to Society, Bangkok Thailand, 21-23 June 2004
- Presenter 2nd National Symposium on Recovery, Kuala Lumpur, 2004
- Presenter & Trainer ‘ Intergration of Islamic Values in Treatment’ at the Training Programme for Afghan Islamic Leaders (Mullah), Kuala Lumpur, 2004
- Trainer for II Asian Seminar on Families, Colombo, Sri Lanka (The Colombo Plan Drug Advisory Programme) 2004
- Presenter “ Spirituality & Cultural Aspect in Treatment, Meeting of Management in Treatement, Penang, 2004, Colombo Plan
- Resource Person,’ Self Empowerment Training On Life Skills and Principles, Maldives Narcotic Control Board, Male , Republic of Maldives2003
- Presenter, National Conference on Drug Demand Reduction, Malaysia Psychology Association, Kuala Lumpur, 2003
- Plenary presenter’ Spirituality in Treatment’ Asian Federation of Therapeutic Communities Conference, Bangkok, 2002
- Presenter , 2nd International Islamic Conference on HIV/Aids, Kuala Lumpur, 2002
Menjadi sebuah Institusi dan Pusat Pengetahuan yang dikenali di Peringkat Antarabangsa, dengan menggunakan pendekatan holistik dalam rawatan dan pemulihan penyalahgunaan dadah.
Untuk mengurangkan permintaan dadah haram di Asia, dengan membina dan mengatur kaedah yang efektif dalam pencegahan, rawatan dan pemulihan.
” PENGASIH MAKES A DIFFERENCE “